Latest News


Telford impress as preseason win streak ends

AFC Telford impressed the faithful who turned up for the Robins fourth preseason game, but Bernie Mcnally expressed his pride in the young Robins as they looked the stronger of the two teams in the closing quarter and can hold their heads up high.

The Bucks started the game at an incredible pace and created the opening chances which fell to former Wolves man Spray and midfielder Jon Brown, But even with all of Telford's pressure in the opening quarter the best opportunity fell to Zac Evans who should have opened the scoring when heading just wide from an excellent Jamie Price free-Kick. Up-to 20 minutes and everything Telford could throw at the young Robins was cancelled out by some great defensive work. Calls from Andy Sinton to change the formation rang out from the media balcony where he had placed himself for the best view of the action.

That spurred the Bucks on more and with some slick passing and pinpoint distribution the Robins spent a large proportion of the first 45 minutes in their own half..It was from this pressure that trialist Yoffe was able to slot the ball home from close range to give Telford their opening goal on 34 minutes.

The Telford goalkeeper who had not had much to do the first half was the main topic of conversation at half time after spilling a Jamie Price shot it looked to the majority that he had brought down Zac evans when pushing the ball out from under his striking leg. referee Farrington waved  play on and Keiran Mills-Evans slipped the ball just wide of the crowded goalmouth,

From the resulting goalkick two passes later and Yoffe got a thunderous shot away that Dave Roberts could only punch away and with Brown pouncing on the rebound and scoring Telford's second.

Just before half time and to show that Bernie's Robins dont give up a Jamie price free kick whistled just past the left hand up-right with the keeper beaten.

Half Time Newtown AFC 0 AFC Telford 2

The very impressive Yoffe was provider again within five minutes of the restart when slotting the ball to Spray who's thunderous shot left Dave Roberts with no chance.

The second half saw some crunching tackles and chances spurned,Luke getting on the end of a Zac Evans free kick and Zac also shooting just over the cross bar,

Newtown fitness once again started to show late on as they started to apply pressure but no reward as another penalty shout rang out around Latham park. Once again referee Farrington waving play on as Zac lay on the ground in the penalty area after a mis-timed tackle.

The classy performance by the Bucks was capped off by a fourth goal just before time from a heavily deflected Richard Davies shot.

Final Score Newtown AFC 0 AFC Telford 4

Guildsfield travel to Latham Park this Saturday k.o 2:30pm when the Robins will look to get back into winning ways.

Newtown Team: D Roberts, Partridge (Edmunds 58'), Penk, Cook, Mills-Evans, Sutton, Price (Wright HT), Zac Evans, Marsh (Blenkinsop HT), Whitfeild, Boundford (Price 68')