They lost their third Welsh Cup final to Wrexham soon after, and then in 1904 they became founder members of the Montgomeryshire Amateur League.
In the same season, George Latham, the club’s most famous son who had the current ground named after him, won the first of his 10 Welsh caps.
During his success life and career, Latham fought in the Boer War and First World War, and was awarded the military cross for his actions in Gaza, Palestine and Turkey between 1917 and 1918.
Latham had two spells at Newtown, before going on to play at Cardiff, Liverpool, Stoke and Southport.
He went into coaching and won the FA Cup with Cardiff in 1927, and also coached the GB Olympics team in 1924.
In 1939, one of the Robins most famous players and faces died but his legacy always lives on in the naming of the ground.
Accolades came regularly for the Robins during their history. And they won both the Montgomeryshire and Mid Wales League Cup in 1947/48, before winning the Cambrian Coast Cup in 1951.