This era saw the Robins move to Latham Park, where they played their first game in 1951.
The game saw Newtown beat rivals Aberystwyth Town 4-0 to see in a new era in the club’s history.
The Welsh Amateur Cup was won in 1955, when the Robins beat Chirk 4-2, before losing 9-4 to Swansea Town in the Welsh Cup the following season.
Wales and Scotland played out a 1-1 in an amateur international at Latham Park in 1957.
Then in 1960, the club announced that it was to buy the rented Latham Park ground for a sum of £1,000.
This allowed the club to make improvements, which led to it now being regarded as one of the best grounds in the league.
More trophies followed in the 1960s, the Cambrian Coast Cup, along with a host of amateur international and amateur cups.
The last ever Welsh Amateur Cup was played at Latham Park, as Whitchurch Alport beat Cardiff College of Education 2-1, before the competition was renamed the Welsh Intermediary Cup.
1975 saw the successful Robins named Mid Wales league champions, and that was followed by a league and Montgomeryshire Cup double in 1979.
New floodlights were installed at the club that season, before more Mid Wales league titles came in the 1980s
The 1980s proved to be a very successful period for the club, and they were winning accolades off the pitch, including the best non league programme, thanks to club legend Keith Harding.
In 1988, the landscape of Welsh football changed as Newtown along with a number of other sides moved across to England.
They competed in the HFS Loans League, known as the Northern Premier League.
Just a year after the club switched to England, the social club at Latham Park was gutted by a fire and took some time to re-build.